Saturday 3 January 2015

Style Saturday: New Hair Style

Welcome to my first Style Saturday post.  First off I am going to make a confession...
Writing blog posts and having my picture taken/taking my own picture pushes me out of my comfort zone.
So you may ask, why am I doing a blog topic about my own Style.  Well, because I enjoy style be that clothes, hair or make up and I am hoping writing about my own style and where I get inspiration for some of my style choices will help me to brake through the self conscious barrier I have in this area.

Moving on... I wanted to talk about my new hair style.  I have had a drastic change in length, I have not had my hair this short since I was 6 years old when I unfortunately had a case of head lice and my Mum chopped it with the kitchen scissors.  I cried but it was a necessary evil I had asked for.


I loved having long hair but it was just getting so flat and had no shape or style.  I thought I would be brave and go for a cut that meant I could style it every morning without it taking too much time (as with a small person I don't have much of that to spare.)


How I style my new do is as follows...
First I put a small amount of Trevor Sorbie Invisible Hold Mousse and a few spritzes of Toni and Guy Sea Salt Spray in wet hair.  Then I blow dry with a round brush in various directions to create volume, except at the back where I try to get the bottom to tuck under (so as not to flick out).  Once dry I section off my hair and use my straightening irons to create curls section by section.  I finish off I set with a little hair spray.

If I am styling my hair straight I omit the Sea Salt Spray and use Lee Stafford Flat Iron Protection Shine Mist.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my first Home edition on Style Sunday!


No comments: